We count down our top 5 worst England players!
5. In @ number five, Is Keith Curle.
Who? I may hear a few of you shout. This one time Manchester City defender managed to fool then England manager Graham Taylor to hand him over 3 caps. Then again Graham Taylor was never the brightest of sparks!
4. David White another City player, and another player to feature during G.T's tender as England Manager. Got his big chance against Spain.... got his last chance against Spain.
3. Goalkeeper Richard Wright. Caught the eye @ Ipswich, Went to Arsenal for a lot of money, talked of as becoming the next David Seaman. Played for England Twice, didn't manage that many more games for Arsenal.
2. Just kept off of the top spot is Carlton Palmer. Famous for being berated by Mr Taylor for his inability to 'knock it'
Hold on there's a theme going on here... and it involves Graham Taylor. No wonder why he is voted the worst England Manager ever! Palmer made the beautiful game look ugly, his long legs, lack of control, and just lack of skill. He mugged some other poor sod out of 18 Caps! But hey @ least we know there's hope for all of us when it comes to playing for our country! If palmer can then we can!
1. In @ number one. Yet again another player to feature under that popular manager Graham Taylor. There could only be one winner. Scored the first ever goal in the Premier League. played over 200 games in the premier league, played for good club teams such as Leeds United, West Ham & Sheffield United.... Who can it be........ Brian Deane! 3 caps no goals!